Hoskins

Hoskins

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cowboy Up!!

I was told recently that I needed to update my blog more often, to which I truthfully replied: "But I have nothing to post." January through March is typically the slow time in our family (as I'm sure it is for many of you all) and we generally have a major picture shortage during these months. In an effort to remedy this problem, however, I have been more diligent these past few weeks about pulling my camera out and photographing my little ones. While most of these photos are too boring or too random to post, I decided these two shots of Spencer merited a place in the archives of the Hoskins Family Blog.

Soooo...

Here's our little cowboy! We've been working really hard with Spencer to get him to dress himself. He knows how to do it, but loves to drive his parents crazy by claiming "I Can't!" A couple of days ago I told him to go into his room and get dressed because the music makers kids would be coming over soon. A few minutes later he emerged from his room wearing his Lightening McQueen racing underwear, his cowboy boots, his cowboy hat, and an enormous smile. "I'm a cowboy, Mom" he told me matter of factly. I could hardly keep a straight face as I reached for the camera.



After getting a few cute pictures, I told him he would need to go and put on some pants and a shirt with his cowboy boots and hat. This is the response I got:



I guess I shouldn't have complained. He did dress himself, after all. And he does make quite a cute little cowboy!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

What a funny kid! Those pictures are priceless--so cute!

Ducksoup said...

i have never in my entire life seen such a funny picture. the fact that he dressed himself like that totally makes me laugh. ryan will be excited the hoskins finally posted.

Lyndsie said...

That is so cute!!! I love when kids dress them selfs like this!!! He is going to hate you for taking those pics when he's older!!! :)

Michelle said...

Well if that isn't the cutest thing I have ever seen! Too funny!!

The Anderson Family said...

What a great picture. This is certainly one that you will want to keep and use as blackmail! All you kids are cute. Only a few more weeks!!!!

Spencer Family said...

How cute! Spencer is definitely in for it when you show his future girlfriends these pics. I love the faces he making! :)

The Hille's said...

Too cute! Nothing like some well sculped legs and abs to go with a cowboy hat and boots! Love it! Such a cute kid!