Hoskins

Hoskins

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Housing Progress 12: The Library

For me, the library was the most anticipated room of our house! The cabinet maker saved it for very last and I could hardly wait to get home from our cruise and see how it looked!  All of our woodwork is beautiful, but the library was to be a special project.  It was a room I had envisioned for years, and I worked hand in hand with the owner of the cabinetry company to make my dream into a reality.  We met and talked many times, and both of us drafted and ran calculations until we had successfully sketched out each and every inch of the room.  From the rope accents in the crown molding, to the ribbed pillars and archways, this room, finished in a custom stained and glazed mahogany, is the crown jewel of the house.   I tell people it is my compensation for making it through medical school, and when I get compensated, I get compensated!

Here are a few pics.

Standing in the entryway looking into the library.


The fireplace and wood mantle. 
 (I have a painting of the Founding Fathers signing the Constitution that will hang in the space above the fireplace.  The framing of the wood was measured to fit the picture perfectly!)


And looking out of the library into the entryway and formal dining room.  When our actual front door gets put on, they'll case it the same as the archways and tie the whole entryway all together.

No comments: