new leg of their journey.
In God’s eternal plan, salvation is an individual matter; exaltation is a family matter. -Russell M. Nelson
Hoskins
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Bismarck Temple Presidency Open House
Recently, we had the very great honor of hosting an open house for the out-going Bismarck Temple Presidency. Our relationship with the Temple Presidency started a few years ago when Nick and I were both called to serve in the Bismarck Temple. Nick was called as an ordinance worker; however, as I am a mother of young children, I could not be called to perform ordinances in the temple. Instead, our temple matron asked me if I would serve as a temple "volunteer" and work directly under her in the temple office. I was delighted to be asked to serve and assist her in this capacity, and have been incredibly blessed by my close association with the whole Presidency while serving in the temple office. Indeed, both Nick and I have thoroughly enjoyed our time serving in the House of the Lord. We are excited to get to know the new Temple President-- President Russ Osguthorpe and his wife, but we will always remember the Smiths and their love of the temple and the members of their temple district. They always took the time to visit with the patrons, to pull you aside in the sealing rooms or bride's room and talk to you or let you ask questions. They knew us each by name, made us birthday cards, and made a point of getting to know our children. They, and their counselors, were powerful examples to our family, and we were honored to host their farewell in our home. Over 150 members came to show their appreciation for their service and to wish them well. We likewise thanked them for their service and wished them the very best in this
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment