You know, I have to confess, Valentine's Day has never really been my favorite holiday. (Did I already confess this last year? Or the year before that? Probably. Anyway...) It's kind of like St. Patrick's Day--a pointless holiday that just requires more of my time, effort, and energy. In the past I have been a pretty good sport about organizing a home school Valentine's Party, or at least orchestrating a Valentine's exchange for my kids. This year; however, I guess I'm just too burned out to care. I did promise a few of my seminary boys that I would visit them at Papa Murphy's the night before Valentine's and pick up a heart-shaped pizza, which my children were thrilled to do,
but as for Valentine's Day day, it was pretty run of the mill. I worked my temple shift Valentine's morning. Then, on the way home, I picked up some balloons and treats for the kids. We ate our heart-shaped pizza for lunch,
then ran errands, went to Spencer's basketball Jamboree, and ran a few
more errands. The Anderson's did take our kids for a few hours so Nick
and I could go redeem my Toasted Frog Gift Certificate, which was
definitely nice, but then we picked up the kids and went to bed early. In short, it wasn't a day to write home to mother about. I will say; however, that our Valentine's gifts to each other were sort of fun this year. I told Nick absolutely no money wasted on flowers, chocolates, or anything cheesy. He sort of listened, sending me and the kids an order of Sherry's Berries, (This was mostly for the kids since we saw the commercial every other second any time we turned on the TV while we were in Hawaii and the kids became obsessed.) but then he made up for it by finally getting me this:
A tri-fuel high power inverter generator.
We paid the money to get our house wired for this high profile generator, but Nick has dragged his feet in forking over the money to actually buy it. I'm not sure why he picked Valentine's Day of all holidays to finally give-in, but hey, I'm not complaining. Generator or flowers--generator or flowers?? Come on, this is a no-brainer folks!
We paid the money to get our house wired for this high profile generator, but Nick has dragged his feet in forking over the money to actually buy it. I'm not sure why he picked Valentine's Day of all holidays to finally give-in, but hey, I'm not complaining. Generator or flowers--generator or flowers?? Come on, this is a no-brainer folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment