Good-Bye St. Louis!!
In July of 2004, Nicholas and I loaded all of our belongings into his father’s snow mobile trailer and slowly drove away from our Utah home and our beloved years at BYU. After two days of traveling, we arrived at our new home in St. Louis, Missouri where Nicholas would soon begin his four years of medical training. We had originally intended to attend medical school on the East Coast, but the Lord had other plans for us. And I must say, I am grateful He did. During our four years in St. Louis our lives were changed and our goals redefined. We struggled through the inevitable challenges of medical school and basked in the joys of our growing family. We also made life-long friendships and solidified our testimonies of the Lord’s restored gospel and the meaning of this mortal existence. Now we find ourselves at another of life’s crossroads, leaving our home and life in St. Louis and beginning again in a new time and place. It is with sadness that we bid St. Louis good-bye; however, we share the sentiments of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s famous character Evita, who sang, “Don’t cry for me ‘St. Louis’, the truth is, I never left you!” A piece of us will always remain in St. Louis, and we will carry our memories of St. Louis forever in our hearts.
A picture of our little St. Louis home.
Our beautiful backyard garden--affectionately known as "the farm"
Nick and some of his friends at graduation.
Our family in front of the St. Louis Temple. We started medical school as just the two of us and left as a family of five!!
1 comment:
I had fun on your blog today. An adorable famiily and a full life indeed. Will be watching for pictures from Christmas. Lady Mac
Post a Comment