Here they are at the kids' preschool Halloween Party. As usual, we ended up hosting it. The kids made caramel apples and homemade rootbeer, they painted pumpkins, decorated sugar cookies, and then had plenty of playtime. At the end of the party, the kids put on a little show for their mothers. The highlight of the show was their performance of Michael Jackson's "Thriller". We had been working on the dance every week at music makers and I have to say, they pulled it off pretty well!
Here are the kids on Halloween night before we left to go trick or treating.

Maddi--the Ballarina, wearing one of my ballet costumes from when I was a little dancer.

Spence--our little train engineer, or conductor as he called it. With he and his father's train obsession, could he have been anything else?

And Baby Emmie--as a ballerina to match her big sister of course. Maddi always wants to match her baby sister (I wonder where she gets that from?) and so she begged me to make Emmie a ballarina costume just like hers. Somehow I managed to sew a ballarina costume that semi resembled Maddi's and actually stayed together long enough to get this photo--though I'm still not quite sure how.

Here they are out trick or treating. Isn't Nick's costume original?? (Kind of like the witch costume I was wearing at the Halloween party, huh.)
7 comments:
hey jamie,
We just got your thanksgiving letter. it was so funny as i pulled it out of the mailbox i thought, "i wish they would start a blog so we could keep up with their life" and here you are. It's amazing how quickly your family has grown. We hope to be able to keep better tabs on your family. We are so happy for you and the amazing things your family has been able to do. Keep in touch!ps just follow our blog link from our profile.
Hi Hoskins family!
We also got your letter today and were excited to hear about your cute family. Yay for starting a blog! It's exciting to now be able to keep up on you guys. Thanks for the letter, and hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Oh, P.S.
our blog is
www.campbellylaughs.wordpress.com
Hey you! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! We are excited to be able to keep up with your ever changing lives and family!
I love the kids costumes! Especially the Ballerina costumes! Too cute. I'm very impressed with your duplicate costume for EmmaLee! Truly a woman of many talents!
Yay! I'm so happy your blogging! It's nice to see pictures of your family and to see how big your kids are getting! You have such an adorable family.
I am glad you guys are getting to do so much sight seeing. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Your kids are getting so big - especially EmmaLee. I can't believe she is almost walking. Yikes!
hi! I just sent you an e-mail to get an 'invitation', then decided to check the blog address just in case it wasn't set to private yet. Yay!
Post a Comment