Can I just start this post out by announcing to the world: I WAS BORN TO HAVE LITTLE GIRLS!!
Now let me explain. Our daughter Madison recently celebrated her 4th birthday, and in honor of the special day, we planned a birthday celebration I hope she will not soon forget. Ever since she was born, I have spent countless hours dreaming up ways to make this little girl’s life rich, magical, and meaningful. With an understanding of our eternal heritage, I don’t think it’s going too far to see our little ones as spiritual royalty; and as such, I see no harm in a little spoiling here and there! So, for her 4th birthday, Nick and I decided it was time to introduce Madison to the wonderful world of American Girl Dolls. My mother has several American Girl dolls, I have an entire doll collection, and we both had waited long enough to pass on the tradition. Therefore, Nicholas and I picked up a Bitty Twin Doll and matching outfit for Maddi on an earlier visit to New York, we extended invitations to both of her grandmother’s to join us for the celebration, and we waited for the special day to arrive.
After much anticipation, the long awaited day did in fact arrive. Both of her grandmothers made it into town for the occasion and Nick took the day off of work so that the whole family could be in attendance. The night before we sponge rolled Maddi’s hair and gave her both a manicure and pedicure to prepare for her special day. Then, we woke Maddi early the next morning and presented her with an armful of presents to open before we headed into the city.
Here is a picture of Madison opening the first gift—her beloved American Girl Bitty Twin. (Her cousin McKenzie is receiving the other twin for her birthday.) Sweet little Spencer just looked on, almost as excited as Maddi was.
Here she is holding up her little doll whom she named: LaRee Mary Princess Ballerina Pretty Flower Pretty Dot Hoskins. LaRee is after her Grandma Carter, and the rest she just came up with on her own—with a little inspiration from Fancy Nancy I’m guessing. We call her Dottie or Little Dot for short.
After opening the doll she opened a matching jumper, a pair of matching red polka dot corduroy ballet flats, and a new red hair bow. Here she is all ready to head to New York City.
Our first order of business after we arrived at the American Girl Place was to head up to the top floor where the American Girl Cafe is located. We had a reservation for ten (seven people and three dolls) for their three course brunch.
Maddi just loved how they had booster seats and tea sets for the dolls!
After eating, it was time for a true American Girl Shopping Spree. We started at the top floor and worked our way slowly through the three levels of dolls. A personal shopper provided us with a HUGE red shopping bag and retrieved and replaced it each time it became too full to carry. We told Maddi she could pick out anything she would like for her doll as we looked, and then we would sort through the bags down on the first floor. What a happy little girl she was as she shopped!
Once we made it to the first floor, Maddi and Grandma McArthur went over to the doll hair boutique to get Dottie’s hair done and her ears pierced while the rest of us sorted through the bags. Maddi couldn’t get enough of the doll hair salon, and after her doll’s hair was re-done to look just like hers, the hair stylist asked if she could get a picture of the two they were so cute! Then she rejoined us to help make the final selections.
After much deliberation, Maddi’s little Dot left the American Girl Place with ten new outfits including a ballet tutu, a cheerleading outfit and a wedding dress. She also got a hair care kit, a set of earrings, a mini American Girl doll, and Spencer picked out a pet kitty named Licorice and a tea set to give to his big sister for Christmas! And oh yes, a pair of pink striped pajamas with a matching set for Maddi.
It was a magical day that I will never forget. How fun it will be to do it again when Emmie turns four!
4 comments:
How cute! It sounds like everything was so magical. I am sure she will remember it always!
What a fun tradition. I'm still amazed at how you were able to wait for as long as you did. I remember sneaking down with you, to your basement, to look at your collection. Madi's going to be in doll heaven!
that birthday sounds out of this world. can i book you to plan braden's next birthday?
Emma & Katelynn got the Bitty Twins for Christmas! They are so cute.
And the American Girl Place sounds awesome!
Post a Comment