On August 18, 2001, Nicholas and I arose early in the morning and made our separate ways to the historic jewel at the center of Salt Lake City, Utah--the Salt Lake Temple. We entered in separate doors, each accompanied by family and close friends. After dressing in special temple attire, we participated in a sacred veil ceremony, spent a few moments together in the beautiful Celestial Room of the temple, and then knelt across the temple alter promising to love one another for time and for all eternity. It was a sweet ceremony, one that was made more personal by a spiritually in tune sealer who spoke to our hearts and delivered answers to our heartfelt prayers. When the ceremonies inside the temple concluded, we re-emerged from the temple doors, this time hand in hand. The newness of marriage shone in our eyes, the brightness of love encircled us. Four little angels watched from above as their mother and father laughed, loved, and lived on that very special day. And the heavens recorded the union in the great Book of Life.
Today, we honor that day, and the eight years that have now passed. Life is different now. Love is deeper. Commitment stronger. And our gratitude for eternal marriage greater.
Cheers to happy marriages!! (And to being young and beautiful!)





3 comments:
Hello Hoskins! I stumbled upon your blog through the Robertsons. Today I found out that you were married the day after us and will soon have twice as many kids. We salute you! Happy (late) Anniversary! Glad to see that life has been good to you.
Congrats on 8 wonderful - and busy years! It has clearly been a while since I last read your blog! It was so fun to see the work you have been doing to your home - I wish we could see it in person! I am thrilled to hear you are having a boy - that keeps it even :) The John Deere Tractors are too fun!!!! Brandon loved the picture when he saw it! Happy birthday to Nick! 30 years is exciting!:)
ahhh... you guys haven't changed a bit!! Cute as ever.
Post a Comment