Hoskins

Hoskins

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Little Piece of Heaven

Well, our blog wouldn't be complete if I put up a post about the new house without paying tribute to our fabulous new back yard. To be honest, the yard was one of the big selling points of this home, and it has become more so each and every day. With an average summer temperature of 78 degrees, our yard is our very best friend. The kids love to play outside, eat outside...do everything outside. And Nick and I love to sit and gaze into the farmer's fields. The view is breath-taking, and makes us feel like we live in the middle of no-where farm country. This home has taught me again, as did our St. Louis home, to never under-estimate the value of a great yard when buying a home. I know I never will. But who's thinking about buying another home right now? Not us! Even though our time here will be a short three years, we're content to savor our little piece of heaven while we can.

1 comment:

The McArthur Family said...

We're so glad to hear you all are getting settled. That's an absolutely adorable photo of the kids!