Hoskins

Hoskins

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Feel of Royalty

It's amazing how something simple, like putting on some mascara, or wearing a new pair of shoes, can make you feel like a whole new person. Why is that? I don't think I can put my finger on the answer; however, I have recently discovered another one of those simple things. This blanket.



Well, this is actually a stock photo of several blankets; the one I own is the ivory one. I'm sure any of them would do though. I know it's hard to believe, but this blanket has magical powers. When I purchased it last winter, for a cool $150.00, I didn't know what a deal I was getting. I ran my fingers over it a few times, admired it for a day or two, and then boxed it up to bring to our new house. This winter; however, it has been my companion almost everyday. And every time I wrap myself up in it, the same magical thing happens. I suddenly feel like royalty. Yep, royalty. I don't know how it does it, but it just does. And someday, when we are really rich, (if that day ever comes!) I am going to send everyone I know one of these blankets. Then you will know for yourself what royalty feels like. Add a cup of creamy hot chocolate and a good book, (plus four sleeping children) and it might even be a step above royalty. What is that anyway? Heaven?

No comments: