When they first came upstairs after the crime had been committed, I simply began to scream! Then, we all cried. Even Maddi who had nothing to do with it all. Then we went to the hair salon to try to rescue Emma's self esteem. She actually looks pretty good with short hair. Here is that Easter picture I promised and it shows Emma's short hair actually styled a little bit.
Short hair simply fits her personality. But considering the previous dramas we had with her hair, and the fact that she has been growing it out so diligently, (I can tell her to eat or drink anything at meal time "because it will make her hair grow faster" and she will gobble it down) I have to admit that I am pretty sad about the whole ordeal. And Emma is split on the topic. Sometimes she cries herself to sleep over it, and sometimes she loves it short! (Like when her favorite nursery leader, Sister Chappel, came to church with new short hair too.) I guess she can't complain though. Apparently she is the one who asked Spencer to cut the dead ends off of her hair. Spence was just trying to do her a favor, and as he noted, "she just wouldn't hold still." What a fiasco! Oh well. At least hair grows back.
No comments:
Post a Comment