Hoskins

Hoskins

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Little Arizona Culture

Well, after burning up at all of the Arizona parks and splash pads, and dying of humiliation at the Phoenix Zoo, we decided it was high time we took in some of Arizona's more refined indoor activities.  After some consideration, we decided a night at the Phoenix Art Museum would do the trick.  It was the kids' first visit to a grown up art museum, and they didn't pretty well if I don't say so myself.
 

They each liked their own exhibits, with interests ranging from the Near Eastern art exhibits to the giant doll house room.  The girls had a little of their mother's taste in them though.  They both seemed taken with the impressionistic art in the Monet room.  I just love this photo I got of them studying Les Arceaux Fleuris, Giverny.
 

I also loved this one of the kids trying their own hand at creating a masterpiece.


It was a great evening, and one that needed to be capped off with a visit to none other than Sprinkles, the famous original cupcake bakery. 
 
 
I much prefer the Golden Spoon frozen yogurt to any kind of cake, but I have to admit that the lemon coconut cupcake I sampled hit the spot.  Cheers to good taste in both art and cuisine!

No comments: