Hoskins

Hoskins

Friday, June 22, 2012

Old Friends; New Friends

Though I have no idea why, it seems like about a third of all of the people I met during my years at Ricks College and BYU-Provo have located themselves in the megalopolis that exists in and around Phoenix, Arizona.  Consequently, I had the rare opportunity while we were in town of meeting up with some old friends who I hadn't seen for years and years.  Our first outing was a dinner date where we were able to talk and talk and catch up on the last ten years.
 
 
Then, a few days later,  "little" Debbie and I took our kids to one of the most popular splash pads around. 



While we chatted, our kids played, talked, and schemed.  They were determined to build a trap to catch some of the local pigeons.  It kept them pre-occupied for simply hours!
 


 
Before long; however, it was time to part with their new friends.  We were all bummed to have to head back to the condo, but it was a day I will not soon forget.  There was something kind of queer about hanging out with people I knew only in college.  Being with them made me feel like I was right back in those good old days with all of the excitement of young adulthood.  On the other hand, as we talked, our seven children ran around and played all around us.  Yikes!  When did that happen? 

No comments: