You know, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case, I think they are right.
With Nick's medical boards only a few weeks away, he swore off all responsibility to do any unpacking. Consequently, the apartment was a total disaster when we arrived! I thought I was going to kill Nick, but after convincing him take a couple evenings off to get the kitchen functional, and to shuffle some boxes around so that we could get the kid's mattresses horizontal instead of vertical, my temper cooled down and I set my shoulder to the wheel of the lonely task ahead. It will likely take me weeks to get settled since none of our furniture is even assembled yet, but oh well. I'm getting pretty used to this moving and living out of boxes business. Plus, they'll be starting our new home in a few months, and this knowledge is my last thread of consolation. When I'm not unpacking, I work on floor plans and it never ceases to cheer me up. Until it's built, however, we're stuck in this little apartment. We're saving so much money it's hard to complain though. And I think I can survive the apartment if we can only survive the downstairs neighbors. I'm already having deja vu from our six weeks spent in a second story apartment in Florida. Six weeks, six months, what's the difference really? Oh heaven help us!
No comments:
Post a Comment