Well, our first month in the apartment has been mostly unpacking, unpacking, and unpacking some more. It's dreadful. My last post was a single picture of the apartment showing the absolute disaster it was when I arrived. Now that we are a little more unpacked, I think I can post a new shot to sum up our life.
Yes, I think this picture says it all. Things in the apartment are pretty dull and we're all ready to get into school, church callings, fall activities, and some social circles.
On the bright side, the kids have been pretty excited to see their long lost toys.
And, our boredom has led to all sorts of sporadic craziness. One night, a few weeks in, I simply couldn't unpack anymore. Instead, the kids and I decided to bake a bunch of cookies and take them to the families Nick and I were assigned to home and visit teach. We chose an old favorite--St. Louis gooey butter cookies, and when we got to the part where you roll the balls in powdered sugar, things got a little out of control.
It was kind of a mess, but in truth, I laughed and played as much as the kids. I guess some kind of excitement, even the silly, messy kind is better than nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment