Hoskins

Hoskins

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Last Day of Public School

 
 
On the 14th of February, Madison attended her class Valentine's Party, and then packed up her desk and took one last look around her Centennial classroom. She and I both cried as we hugged her teacher, Ms. Buchholz, good-bye. Then we walked out of the school house doors for the last time. 
For months Maddi had been begging to come back home. She had integrated into public school amazingly well. She had loved her teacher and had lots of friends. Still, at the end of the day, she just wanted to come back home and be with her mom and siblings.
For a long time Nick and I debated what to do. Then, when Bismarck re-boundaried all of the schools and we realized we would have to make a switch anyway, we decided to give in to her wish and let her finish out the rest of the school year at home. It's only been a few days since we made the switch, but I can already tell it is a switch for the better. 

No comments: