Another season, another sport. Another sport, another post.
As you can tell from a few of the previous posts, I'm getting slightly worn out of writing posts year after year of the same thing. Consequently, I have decided to just start putting on picture collages for some of our most common posts. This will likely include our holiday traditions posts, our kids activity posts, and any other posts I can get away with not writing up a description for! Sometimes there are fun things to be recorded; other times, not so much.
As for this particular post, I will simply say this. Basketball this year was pretty much a repeat of soccer from last year, just with a different team and a different ball. Spencer is such a good sport, but so much littler than the other players that it frustrates him a great deal. He doesn't let on that he is frustrated while he is on the court, but more than once he welled up with tears at home about how easy it is for everyone to block him and steal from him. It simply breaks my heart to see him sad, but I am so proud of him for still getting out there and playing. And honestly, he deserves the most improved player award every time. He starts out so timid, but he is such a hard worker. He focuses more than any of the other boys on his technique, and he is always a team player, never hogging the ball and always passing to the players who otherwise get left out. He may not score all the baskets, but I can't describe how proud I am that he is mine!
Here are a few action shots at practice.
A picture of his cheering squad.
And his team and individual shots from this year.


No comments:
Post a Comment