Hoskins

Hoskins

Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Family Affair


After the three weeks it took me to water color all of last years Christmas cards, (yes, all 120 of
them!) I thought it would be smart to make this year's card slightly simpler so the kids could be recruited to help.  After much consideration, I decided a simple pumpkin stamp on the front would definitely suffice.  Then we just had to determine how to color it.  With water coloring immediately ruled out, we tried several different options until we finally settled upon chalking the pumpkins.  Chalking allows you to get kind of a dimensional effect when you color them, and gratefully, there is a special eraser that can take off any of the chalk that gets outside of the lines.  With four kids helping me work on them, this was a heaven send.  We began the task one night while Nick was on call, and I was able to finish up the next morning--a huge improvement from last year's marathon nights!  Now we just have to get these things assembled and away they'll go!

No comments: