As far as preschool co-ops go, sometimes the lessons and activities go better than others. That said, this weeks classes were definitely some of the best we have had--and after years of home preschools, that's saying something.
The first class of the week fell right on April Fool's Day. At first I wasn't very excited about this. I'm not much of a prankster, and we've never been really outgoing on this holiday at our house. (We did move Daddy's car last year, which was pretty funny--but that about sums it up for us.) After enlisting the kids help to search online for ideas; however, I started to get more enthused. We would start the day with some simple pranks--like telling the moms preschool wasn't at our house, or throwing plastic bugs, etc. We could then listen to our April Fool's song on our Brite Music CD, and follow it up with a talk about the difference between nice, silly pranks, and pranks that were really mean. (aka: bullying) After that it would be time for snacks--and I had just the thing: french fries and ketchup with pink lemonade.
The first class of the week fell right on April Fool's Day. At first I wasn't very excited about this. I'm not much of a prankster, and we've never been really outgoing on this holiday at our house. (We did move Daddy's car last year, which was pretty funny--but that about sums it up for us.) After enlisting the kids help to search online for ideas; however, I started to get more enthused. We would start the day with some simple pranks--like telling the moms preschool wasn't at our house, or throwing plastic bugs, etc. We could then listen to our April Fool's song on our Brite Music CD, and follow it up with a talk about the difference between nice, silly pranks, and pranks that were really mean. (aka: bullying) After that it would be time for snacks--and I had just the thing: french fries and ketchup with pink lemonade.
Or at least that's what it looked like. It was really sugared bread dough and pureed
strawberry jelly with food-colored water!
The kids were tickled by the surprise. So tickled, in fact, that I had no trouble getting them to agree to forfeiting preschool play time for another fun April Fool's activity. We would pull another food prank, but this time on the kids' parents.
For the next half an hour the kids made faces as we mixed together the ingredients for meatloaf muffins with mashed potato frosting.
They looked pretty good when they were done, and the kids were super excited as they each gave one to their parents.
Then Thursday's preschool was a silly day, special request of Mason. He had been to Emma's Joy School silly day and wanted to have a silly day of his own. The kids dressed up silly,
we did silly art projects, sang silly songs, read silly poems, and had an all around silly time. It was a fabulous way for me to close out my last preschool day of my last preschool co-op for the last time in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment