Hoskins

Hoskins

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Finishing off His Birthday

Well, Spencer got to celebrate his birthday in phases this year.  Phase one was before we left on the RV trip.  Phase two was on his actual birthday.  And phase three was the day after we got home.  He waited so patiently to open all of his presents, and when he pulled the Robert E. Lee Civil War rifle-sword replica out of it's box, all of his waiting was finally worth it.  Seeing this gun was love at first sight.  He thought the Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc and Pirate Ship Ambush were pretty cool too, but then again, he doesn't sleep with his Lego Treebeard.  The Robert E Lee, on the other hand, now that thing hasn't been detached from his body for days! It actually has a trick lever that will allow you to pull out an actual sword from the barrel of the gun, which could prove a deadly play toy in the wrong hands, but Spencer guards that gun with his life.  I wish we could have found a Union replica, but this was the best we could get that was lifelike, but not real.  I'm not sure how many more years we will continue to add to his arsenal, but as long as he stays a "solider for the Lord" as well, I guess I've learned not to really mind.

No comments: