Hoskins

Hoskins

Monday, July 14, 2014

The Great RV Trip Part II

Alright, I'm back again to discuss leg number two of our trip.  As I said in the last post, most of leg number one went just as planned, though I can say running into a black bear in the middle of a New Hampshire freeway and screaming like a two-year old wasn't originally on the agenda!  Leg two, on the other hand, went considerably different than we originally worked out.  This was largely due to another en-route, hair-brained idea that I got, and much to his credit, that Nick consented to.  The idea was this--why not drive a "little" into the night and make it over to Kirtland, Ohio too, after all, we were sort of in the "general" vicinity.  We didn't have to stay in Kirtland long, just visit the temple, the Whitney Store, and a few other minor sights.  Then we could hit Niagara Falls before pulling back into Palmyra for the night.  It would leave us with all of Palmyra and Fayette to do on the same day, but I was convinced we could swing it.   

And it was well worth the sacrifice!  

 Here we all are on leg two, kicking off, as you can see, on Spencer's 8th Birthday!


No comments: