Well everyone, I have a special announcement to make. Just as I took a minute last Fall to tell the world that I was done bearing children while in this life, I am ready to make another important declaration. So, here it is: I, Jamie Hoskins, am finally going to get implants! Yep, implants. I have waited years for them--through all of my pregnancies and all of the months of nursing--and I am finally going to get them. It is
Part 1 of what I am going to call
My Extreme Makeover. I have spent the better part of my twenties being pregnant and breastfeeding. I haven't been able to work out consistently, buy new clothes, bleach my teeth, lay in a tanning bed, and have given up all sorts of other beautifying treatments. So, now that I am done having children, I am finally going to start taking care of some things that need to be done--starting with these two beautiful additions to my person. I was hoping to be able to get the surgery done right after the first of the year; however, I found out at my consultation that it is better to wait until I am done nursing before I proceed. So, even though I have a little longer to wait, I have already got the appointment on the books and I started the process not too long ago with my first extraction. Oh, did I mention I was talking about
dental implants? (Shame on you all for thinking anything else!) The tooth they took out was a baby tooth that had broken several times and had no permanent tooth under it. It is one of three baby teeth that I still have thanks to my fabulous genetic make-up. One of them isn't bothering me so much, but the other two have finally got to be replaced. Even though it is quite humbling to currently be walking around toothless, and is equally humbling to have the orthodontic treatment required to make room for the two implants, I am pretty much over it--and so ready to finally have these teeth fixed. Here is a stunning
before picture (I took this picture myself and there is no room for pride here!) of my mouth :

I will periodically give updates of my
Extreme Makeover progress, and hopefully, in a year or so, I will have a more stunning
after shot to display and be moving on to
Part 2--fitness and wardrobe changes. (It is a personal law of mine that I don't have to work out until I get at least 5 consecutive hours of sleep at night! And since our babies never sleep through the night, I am off the hook for a while!) In the meantime, however, as another segment of Part 1 of my makeover, I
am replacing the one part of my wardrobe that can be changed without a good work-out program--my shoes. And these are, after all, the furthest thing from my mouth, so hopefully my new accessories will draw as much attention away from my mouth as they can. While I am literally doing a complete overhaul of my fabulous footwear, I will just offer a sampling here of some of my more favorite pieces.
First, and finally, my own pair of Ugg Boots. Classic Tall in Sand Color. As an Aussie wanna-be, I can't believe it has taken me so long to purchase a pair of these. And even though they are probably out of style by now in the rest of the world, thankfully, Ugg boots are never out of style in Minnesota!

Second, my very own black, patent leather, Jessica Simpson "Hooker Boots". You don't really need a picture to know what I am talking about--but I will include one anyway, just to give Nick a thrill! (Yeah right!)

And finally, a few more professional pieces. Not that I have any real
place to wear anything
professional, but hey, I can't teach Gospel Doctrine in hooker boots you know! Well, actually...

So, there you have it world! Jamie Hoskins'
Extreme Makeover Part 1: Implants and Shoes.
Oh, and here is a fun image Nicholas asked me to include on our blog to summarize
hisExtreme Makeover Part 1:

I think you get the picture!
3 comments:
I'd have to agree with the last pic:) Nick always is the more rational, level headed one. Oh well.
I love the last picture....I can just see Nick talking about it. And yep you had me for a minute. I was thinking...implants?? Two of them? NO!! Not Jamie! Whew what a relief.
Gooooo, Jamie!
Post a Comment