Hoskins

Hoskins

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Zucchini Houdini

Was I really just telling Nick that our beautiful garden wasn't producing very big zucchinis? It must have heard me.



And now we are being over-run with ginormous produce. After baking, grilling, frying, and steaming the veggie on it's own, not too mention putting it in breads, spaghetti sauces, quiches, and a number of other meals, I'm just about ready to pull the plant out. After all, we don't waste food at our house, and with a zucchini take over in our area, it's pretty hard to give the stuff away these days. I might give it one more chance though. Especially since I saw an ad in a recent Deseret Book catalog for The Zucchini Houdini. It reads: Zucchini doesn't get the respect it deserves. But this book will change that! Filled with tasty recipes, trivia, and tips that will change your attitude, this book will have you using zucchini in everything from main dishes to desserts." How could I resist!

No comments: