Well, we've done it! We've finally found Spencer's niche in the world of sports! He's a pretty darn good little swimmer, and we still have baseball and tennis to try, (Hockey and football are out of the question!) but we will be hard pressed to find a better fit for Spencer than golf. It's an individual sport. He doesn't have to be big or tall. And he is encouraged to take all of the time he wants. It's a match made in heaven, and he blew away the golf pros that led his first ever group golf lessons! In fact, after a few weeks, they recommended that we move him up to the big kids class with the players ranging from ages 9-17. He was so proud! I was so proud! And Grandpa McArthur and Great Grandma Rogers were so proud. Golf is a McArthur men tradition, and seeing as how Spencer has inherited his fair share of McArthur blood, he should be just fine. I just wish it was a sport he could do all year round. We'll certainly take advantage of it as long as we can though, and next summer I think I'll just put him in one-on-one lessons with one of the pros. Whatever it takes to see him shine!
No comments:
Post a Comment