You know, I've always kind of disliked the idea of having preschool graduations, elementary school graduations, middle school graduations, AND high school graduations. It just seems like a little too much, and seems to take away from those graduations that actually count for something. The Joy School Program; however, has a graduation and graduation party as part of it's curriculum, so I sucked it up and joined the others for the "special" day.
In the end, it turned out to be alright. Emma was beaming when I handed her her "diploma," and the three little kids who made it to the end of Joy School were pretty darn cute in their hats. She'll likely be my only preschool graduate, but since Emma is convinced she wants to grow up to be a "bang-cutter," I suppose we ought to take whatever graduations we can get!
(That's a joke Emma! Rest assured you and all of the other kids have no other option but to graduate from college. Actually, I should just insert BYU there, since that's where you will all be going. Maybe we'll let you pick what you study, and who you marry...well, we'll see. Let's not get too hasty with unreasonable promises!)

No comments:
Post a Comment