Summer is almost over, and I realized, ever since our big trip, I've hardly taken any pictures. Consequently, I snapped this little shot on my phone before we headed home tonight. We were, as we often are on warm summer days, hanging out with friends on one of the little lakes surrounding Bismarck. We all haul our kids and our kayaks and picnic all day on the lake. Sometimes someone will bring their "big" boat and we'll do some tubing and skiing. Most of the time; however, we make do with the little boats. Today, some of the Daddy's even joined us and we upgraded our usual PB&J lunch to full dutch oven dining. It was summer at its best, and the kids loved, LOVED it. I don't know how many days like this we have left before the Fall weather settles in, with its chilly breezes and whispers of nostalgia. I love the Fall, so I never complain when that singular crisp morning heralds the change, but the kids will miss the summer. Miss the swimming, the sand castles, the self built beach houses. Oh the summers of childhood! Slipping through our fingers all the time....

No comments:
Post a Comment