After months of negotiating with several different landscapers, Nick finally just threw up his hands and decided to landscape the bulk of our acre lot on his own. I was a little against the idea to begin with, mostly because I know how time consuming yard projects can be, but after watching the boys having so much fun on the Bobcat, and getting the best ab work-out of my life by single-highhandedly unloading every single one of the landscape bricks, I decided the time and energy might be worth all the savings.
It will definitely be a work in progress for a while, but the walls and
dirt work got done this week, and I did convince Nick to hire out the
sprinklers and cement curbing. Once those go in, Nick will get to go
crazy with plants--his life dream--and then we'll negotiate again on
whether to seed or sod. I can already tell we're going to go the bulk of this year without a yard, yet again, but after all of the dramas building our house, I've decided it's better to have low or no expectations than to constantly be angry. Let's face it, nobody in this town can get their act together and deliver on time, but that's just part of the Bismarck Boom. Cry as you might, it won't go away. At least this time the control is in our hands. And though the landscapers we did sub out are probably suffering for someone else's sins, there is no way on the planet they are getting a final payment from me until all of their work is done and done right!




No comments:
Post a Comment