Hoskins

Hoskins

Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Baby Girl Is Growing Up

The older I get, and the more children we welcome into our family, the more I realize that time--the days, hours, and minutes of our lives--is changing. The time of childhood passes so slowly. When I was a little girl, waiting for Christmas morning, even when it was already Christmas Eve, was like waiting for eternity. Time as an adult, however, and particularly as a parent, passes much more quickly. Almost too quickly. So quickly, in fact, that I am often surprised by just how grown up my little ones have become.

Just a few days ago, I found myself in one of these moments of surprise. Little EmmaLee, who I frequently refer to as my "littlest love", reached her 12 month milestone. Our baby girl is one year old!! "How did that happen?" I keep asking myself. "When did she grow up?" I remember so well the day she was born--all those rolls, her chubby cheeks, her dark eyes. She has been a little angel, and the perfect balance of cuddly love and endless energy. She sat up early, crawled early, and walked early. She simply couldn't wait to get in on all of the fun with her big brother and sister. And now that she has, she seems more like one of them, than the sweet little baby I used to hold in my arms. Oh how I wish they would just stay little!! Still, I love them just the same, even when they grow.

Happy Birthday EmmaLee!! One is a wonderful age to be!!


4 comments:

The McArthur Family said...

Happy Birthday, baby EmmaLee! The party was darling! Wish we could have been there! We miss the Hoskins!

Jeremy & Andrea said...

Amanda is the only private blog and I gave her your email address everyone else has open blogs. Tonia's last name is Allred and on my blog roll and Stacey's last name is Collom and also on my blog roll. We're still trying to convince Mike and Tricia to start a blog.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday EmmaLee!! It looks like you had a great birthday!!!!

camie said...

Hi Jamie! I just found your Christmas letter so I could give your contact info to Marcie and came across your blog address. How fun! EmmaLee's birthday party looked like a blast- great cake! Your kids are adorable. We hope we get to see you again sometime before you move again! It sounds like you're living it up in PA.