Hoskins

Hoskins

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Wonderful World of Three!

Well, as many of you have recently noted, EmmaLee is the first of our three children to celebrate her first birthday without already being a big brother or sister. I can assure you all, that if it were soley up to me, this would not be the case. I'm all about having them close together and getting the whole pregnancy / delivery thing over as quickly as possible! Nicholas, on the other hand, is unsure about four children under the age of five. (I can't imagine why!) Plus, several times in the last few years, (particularly when he is stressed out with the children we have) he has claimed that his ideal family would have been a little more spaced out, but that I--get this--seduced him and thereby acquired more children by sorcery! Well, I can abide no more of these silly claims, so, I have laid aside all of my magical potions and secret voodoo and turned the timing of our fourth, and probably last baby over to my husband. In other words, we're probably done!!! No, I won't let that happen. I've actually warned him that if he waits too long I will probably need to have five just so the last baby isn't hanging out all by itself. Hopefully this will motivate him some.

Anyway, the moral of this story is that these days I just innocently wait for the dewdrops of revelation to grace our home. And I must say, during all of this waiting, I am truly enjoying the three wonderful, bright, beautiful children that we already have. (Who, as I am writing this, are marching up and down the hall pretending to be a marching band with Maddi on the trumpet, Spencer on the drums, and Emmie with the maracas! Clearly, I am not the only one who adores these children! Our neighbors must think they're marvelous too!) In fact, after reviewing some recent photos, I felt inspired to come online and write up a post to honor them. I decided a poem (with accompanying pictures) would be best.

Ode to the Wonderful World of Three

Three little hands



Three pairs of feet



Three Bare Behinds



Three smiles so sweet!



Madison, Spencer, and EmmaLee--I love you so!!

4 comments:

Ducksoup said...

cute poem and adorable pictures! i love the pictures of their three little hands. and i hope nick gives into your wishes soon :)

Amy Eaton said...

Three is awesome! I am not sure when we will have four but three really is fun. I was actually expecting you to say that you were pregnant. I am surprised that you are holding out and waiting a little longer. How are things with you guys? From the looks of things Busy :)

The Anderson Family said...

I am glad you are enjoying three. I need to take lessons from you in taking more random pictures. Enjoy those little cuties!

camie said...

Hi Jamie!
Just wanted to let you know that there will be a couple Hershey sponsored egg hunts on Saturday, April 4th. There's the Hershey Outlet "hunt" at 9am (you can visit Gymboree Outlet while you're there!) and the one at Shank Park starts at 10am. They fill the eggs with candy, little prizes and some kids win stuffed bunnies. We plan to go from one to the other!