Twenty-three years ago today, my mother delivered a beautiful, healthy, happy little baby boy. (Happy Birthday Uncle Kyle!!) A few days later, my parents brought him home from the hospital. He was a sweet child, but apparently I was devastated that my parents had not produced a baby girl so that I could finally have a sister. I had asked for a sister for Christmas a few months earlier, but the little dolly Santa brought just did not do the trick. I was sure, however, in my little five year old mind, that my parents loved me enough to bring home a baby sister for me to love and play with. In my journal my mother recorded: "After we got home from the hospital with this boy that was supposed to be your sister, you looked at me and said--
you just didn't want another girl, did you !!"
Well, I've since grown up, and even though I didn't have a sister as a child, so far I have inherited five wonderful sisters-in-law. I suppose it all works out the way the Lord intends it to. I will be forever grateful, however, that the Lord intended my two little girls to have each other--sisters and best friends forever. With that in mind, I decided to write a little post celebrating some of the many things sisters get to do together.
Sisters....
share a bedroom,

share a jewelry box,

do each others hair,

put on make up together,

paint each others' toenails,

play dolls,

have tea parties,

wear matching clothes,

and so much more!! Congratulations to all of you out there who are lucky enough to have a sister!!
6 comments:
that is such an adorable post. your kids and there matching outfits is so cute. madi's hair looks so long!
Ok- do they always match? They are so cute together! I love the picture of them painting toe nails!
i'm the same way. I was happy to be able to give me daughters a gift that I was not able to experience as a child. It's been so fun watching them do girly things together. I will have to admit though the way I've been able to get my sisters has been pretty awesome. I love them all dearly and have never ever worried about them stealing my clothes or ripping my hair.
So Adorable!! I can not what until Chloe is getting around and her and Syd get to do more together.
So, so, so adorable!
PRECIOUS!!
Post a Comment