In God’s eternal plan, salvation is an individual matter; exaltation is a family matter. -Russell M. Nelson
Hoskins
Friday, October 8, 2010
"Bay-sketball and Tweeter""
I had a rather comical conversation with my husband tonight that made me realize how out of touch with reality our family has become. It all started after we were perusing a recent issue of Newsweek and happened to come across an article about Facebook. Since I have given Nick such a hard time about signing up for a Facebook account, we paused to discuss the article. The gist of the article was that now days the silicon valley techies create absolutely nothing and make millions doing it. The article targeted Facebook, Twitter, and some other company I've never even heard of that sells "virtual goods", whatever that means. Anyway, as I was busy bashing Facebook, Nick interjected, "It seems to me that Tweeter is the one that is really worthless!" I about fell out of my chair laughing. "Tweeter, huh." I replied. That's about as classic as my children, who can't seem to get their sports lingo down. No matter how many times we correct them, they still fuse the name of basketball and baseball together calling it bay-sketball. It's ridiculous. And Nick gets so embarrassed when they do it, especially little Spence. From now on when he gives them a hard time, I'll simply have to remind him of his own recent semantic blunder. Maybe I'll even encourage him to write a "twit" about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Jamie, you epitomize being out of touch with reality. I could go on and on about the differences, pros and cons, contributions to industry and our marketplace of both Facebook and Twitter but it would be a waste of time. The lesson here is be nice to your husband:)
Post a Comment