Hoskins

Hoskins

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yellowstone Bear World

If what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words is true, then these shots ought to summarize our experience visiting Yellowstone Bear World on our way into the park.











Actually, what I wish we had a picture of was our children, who were nose to nose with the bear on the inside of the car. The experience was quite exhilarating,to say the least! We had been bummed when we reached the site too late to bottle-feed the bear cubs, but I'd say this friendly black bear made up the difference.

And by the way, for those of you wondering how we obtained these shots when they were clearly taken from outside of our car, I'll tell you. We were fortunate enough to have a hobby photographer pull up right behind us just as "Blackie" took an interest in us. He flagged us over after we pulled away and asked for our e-mail address. Then he sent us these lovely shots, and we're so glad he did. The one photo we did manage to shoot amidst all the screaming was hardly even worth keeping!



These on the other hand, well I'm half tempted to send them off to GMC so they can make us famous on a flyer or something. Oh, and this shot of Mason we took after the bear ran off is worth keeping too.



I can only guess what he was thinking about that up close and personal encounter.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm curious...did the bear leave any scratches on your car?

So awesome that you're so adventurous.

Brenda said...

No Way! At first I thought it was a cut out or something. I kept thinking that can't be real! Awesome that someone took picture of it. I can only imagine all the screaming that took place in the car...especially from Jamie!