And a few shots of us stringing our popcorn and cranberries while we listened to the First Presidency Christmas Address. In years past we have cheated and saved at least some of the last years tinsel so that it didn't take quite so long to decorate our tree. As the kids have gotten older; however, this has been less of a necessity. In fact, this year, Nick and I both commented on how proficient the children have become. And its a good thing too, because I can already tell that saving this years tinsel isn't going to be an option. Why, you might ask? Well, lets just say that there are already mysterious stretches of tinsel that have no popcorn between the cranberries. Combine that with the fact that Mason is always, always hungry, and I think you can figure it out.
Here's a picture of the kids putting the Christmas balls and ornaments on the tree as well. They did a pretty good job of doing the decorating this year, and since they are getting big enough to notice when I rearrange things, for the first time ever, I just let them do it and left it the way they did. The tree was a little bottom heavy, and this approach did lead to three ornament casualties, but hey, who really cares if your tree is lopsided anyway. And after all, isn't that what super glue is for? Besides, I think the little mouse looks cute with only half an ear, at least that's what I told Emma when she cried and cried after accidentally dropping it.
No comments:
Post a Comment