A few days ago we met onsite at our home with all of our sub contractors and did what our builder calls the initial walk through. We went over all of the cabinetry, all of the plumbing, and all of the electrical. It was overwhelming in some ways, but also completely awesome! There's just something very custom indeed about being able to put outlets and recessed lights any where your heart desires! And believe me, we did. Nick put in at least five outlets that were strictly for Christmas lights, and I went a little overboard adding in- cabinet lighting in my butler's pantry and library, not to mention the sconces--up the stairwells, around our master suite, on either side of the mantels! So much fun! I think the laugh of the day came when we got to the issue of my panic room/HHOM though. (That's Hoskins Hall of Memories for anyone who doesn't know.) They all think we're a little...errr....eccentric as it is, but when I told the security company that I wanted a panic button installed in that room, we all had a good chuckle. I don't care though. I want this house to be ours from top to bottom, quirks and paranoia and all. I've always said I'm not building this house for anyone else (what builders call the re-sale factor). It is ours, and I want it to be ours. C-U-S-T-O-M. That's what building is all about.
As such, here are a few shots of the house on our walk through day.
And here is how the kids entertained themselves for the three hours we were meeting with the subs. For once I told them to just have a ball, clothes and all, and they didn't need to be asked twice!
No comments:
Post a Comment