You know, sometimes as a parent, you just have to brag. I know we all feel the same way, just bursting
with parental pride, but really, this time it's true. I have the best kids ever! Maybe it's because we homeschool and they are
used to being carted around everywhere, I don't know, but they are just such
good little sports that sometimes I can hardly believe it. Take this simple photo I shot.
This is a picture of the kids hanging out in Pottery Barn
Kids. We made a quick weekend trip down
to Minneapolis to get all of the finishing touches for the kids' new rooms and
bathrooms, and as always, we ended up hauling the kids around to store after
store. Some kids would throw a tantrum
about having to hang out in adult stores all day. Some would simply become rowdy and
unmanageable. But on this particular
day, mine were complete angels. Maddi
brought a pile of children's books, and in each store they found a place to
make themselves comfy and she read away.
It was almost too good to be true.
Even the store workers were amazed.
It certainly isn't all of the time that you feel like you're doing
alright as a parent, but the one in ten days that you do, you have to seize the
moment. Then the other nine days become
somehow worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment