The morning after our adventures on the Polar Express, it
was finally time to pack up and head home.
We kissed our family goodbye and soon were on the road back to the
airport in Las Vegas. We left enough
time on our drive from Williams to Las Vegas to stop at the glass bridge on the
South Rim of the Grand Canyon; however, as we approached the entrance to the
South Rim, we discovered the ridiculous price hikes that have taken place at
the sight. Since we had all been to
other viewing areas on the North and South Rims, we decided to skip another
trip to the Grand Canyon and instead make a detour to the great Hoover Dam.
It was all of our first trips to the Dam, and it was pretty
impressive, not to mention a little unnerving as we stood on that big bridge.
After driving and hiking around for a bit, and snapping a
few pictures of the sight, we loaded back into the car and drove down into Las
Vegas. Although I don't really love this
city, it was the second time I'd been there in a sixty day period. Consequently, I wanted to go straight to the
hotel and go swimming or something to hide from the parts of the city I most detest. Since
it was the kids first time there, however, during daylight hours anyway, we
decided to do some strategic driving around before checking into our hotel.
Then we crashed for the night, woke early to board our flight,
and watched as four exhausted kiddos slept peacefully all
the way home.
I guess when you wear
them out with so much fun and adventure, what else can you expect?
No comments:
Post a Comment