Hoskins

Hoskins

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Newport Beach

 There are times in life when I am particularly grateful for the Sabbath Day.  The Sunday we were in California was one of those beautiful days.  With a long day at Disneyland behind us, and an equally long day at California Adventure ahead of us, I was so thankful for a Sunday to rest and relax in between.  In truth, we would have been in big trouble had we done back to back parks, and me most of all.  After carrying Mason for two hours, my back muscles absolutely shut down.  By the time I woke up Sunday morning, I couldn't even move.  In fact, it was a mouthful of painkillers and a few hours before I could even get out of bed.  Then it was pretty much slow and go from there.  We found the latest ward we could attend--which happened to be a Polynesian Ward where there was a missionary farewell of a sister going to serve in Oklahoma--and then we walked on Newport Beach until sunset.


It was beautiful, but the kids favorite part of the day wasn't gazing at the ocean.  Rather, it was leaning over the pier barking back at the disgruntled sea lion who had decided to pay us a visit.  It isn't everyday that you see a sea lion outside of the zoo, and we all stood and stared for upwards of an hour.


 Then we headed back to our hotel for a late dinner and the ABC Family movie of the night.  It was just the day of rest we needed before heading back into the parks early Monday morning.

No comments: